The latest project I completed was to refinish an old day bed to match her room. My daughter expressed interest in a daybed and it happened that my sister-in-law was getting rid of one. It was a brown color so I spent a better part of an afternoon sanding the pieces of the bed so I could spray paint it a white color.
After sanding, I wiped it down with a wet paper towel to rid it of dust. Then, I put a generous coat of white spray paint on each piece. I waited a day to allow the paint to dry completely then the next day I sprayed another coat of paint and allowed another day to completely dry. At that point it was time to assemble.
The project was pretty easy. The hardest part was sanding especially the rounded pieces. I did find an interesting product by 3m, sanding sponge, that worked pretty well for sanding the rounded parts. It was way more flexible and pretty easy to use compared to a regular piece of sand paper.
And that's my project for this week...Renee' from Illinois